Saturday, January 22, 2022

Oh, @Fritolay, Here's The Scoop. I Wanted to Make Meatloaf (RIP, Ol Dashboard Lights Man) But Already Prepared Chili. And Dang, Doesn't Fritos Perfect Such a Meal

I'm still in recovery mode. I'm trying to push this evil out of my system and am thankful that I never once lost my sense of taste or smell. I just was recipient to everything else. But I made chili a couple of days ago and ever since someone turned me on to the perfection Fritos makes to a chili bowl, I can't imagine such winter delicatessen without them. 

Then I was introduced to Fritos Scoops. 

Okay, world. What is this national treasure? As if I wasn't already sold.

Scoops!

Yes, the exclamation point is a necessity. One of the most perfect exclamation points I've ever encountered. 

It's Saturday morning. It is also freezing in the northeast, and with such temperatures comes the craving for comfort food. Obviously, chili goes with this territory. But for now, I'm thinking about last night and the bliss experienced on Mt. Pleasant as I finished the last bowl from the week, and had just enough Scoops! for assistance. Yes, I can say I was alive for Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy to complete my literary imagination from reading the books, and I also lived to experience all the Harry Potter books, later turned to film. But I want to add now that I also lived in a time of Frito Scoops! Look around, look around, how lucky we are to be alive right now.

So, no meatloaf, Meatloaf. But I listened and sang with my Frito-induced chili and all was well.

I couldn't take it any longer
Lord I was crazed
And when the feeling came upon me
Like a tidal wave
I started swearing to my god and on my mother's grave
That I would love you to the end of time
I swore that I would love you to the end of time!