Tuesday, January 11, 2022

I Am Guessing This Is a Performative Act and Karal (in this Covid Van) Is Simply Seeking Attention. I Could Be Wrong. I Probably Am

Truth. The Covid-world, well, I'm guessing Omicron, is one of the sneeziest worlds I've ever known. I have come a water sprinkler within my household and sneeze an average of 7 times per minute, making me realize, "There's no way in #$#@ that others won't get this soon." I'm being good. I'm staying home. I'm indoors and I'm not around others. Even so, I've definitely put molecules upon molecules into the air inside my house. I keep sneezing.

Perhaps this is why when Karal curled up in a blanket as I did online work today, and then jumped in my lap when I did some writing, that I had to ask, "Can dogs get Covid, too?" It turns out they can and I should contact my vet to see about next steps. BUT, I think she is being responsive to my less that firing locomotion. In other words, I think she's performing for me what she's picking up from me. Whereas I'm usually Thunder Over Louisville, right now I'm barely a spark from a Bic lighted that needs more fluid. I'm trying, but I'm operating in extremely slow motion. 

This is Karal. This is Karal's van. Hence, the Karalvan.

Actually, she was a low-functioning dog this morning, but throughout the day she seemed to have restorative behaviors that were not as lethargic. I put on a mask, and we walked four miles. I needed a mental break and wanted to get her outdoors. She rebounded with lots of play, barking at me when I was on the phone, and assuring her squeaky toys were noise-makers when I was on ZOOM. That is why I think she is performing sick, when she's actually not.

I will say, though, I like the performance, because it is less maintenance than a usual day. A tired Karal is a good Karal. She has been more aligned to my slower pace, which I love (despite a couple of fits of mania). 

I realized today that I begin teaching a week from today. Um, that is ridiculous. So, I'm hoping service work over this vacation break (I'll claim the 24th and 25th of December) was worth it. I cannot believe how much work has to be done now that this particular service will be over. 

I'm maintaining. Coughing, sneezing, but maintaining.