Thursday, September 15, 2022

Still On the Road, Still Finding Out...The Composing Processes for Graduate Students...Fastest Two Hours of the Week.

I am rather monotonous. "Is it me or do these two hours fly by?" I ask at 9:15 on Wednesday nights. "Well, they fly by in your other class, too."

Really? I guess that is good. Since I was in 1st grade I'd sketch out ways a teacher might be more effective to meet the needs of more kids in the classroom. I always thought, "there has to be a more fun way to teach this. There has to be a way to hare joy while learning, too." 

And if I'm bored, I know they'll be bored. 

That is why we played a game that began with "Graduate students roll their eyes with boredom," until it became "Old grandpa enrolled in Hogwarts." Don't ask. But it's the truth. We read from Hope Wins, we played with activity theory, we sunk the Titanic by ignoring history and culture of our students, and we set up more readings for next week. 

Dun Dun Dun. They will be assigned to write, soon. Mweh he he. Evil writing course that makes teachers of writing actually have to write. With this coupled with YA Literature, I'm in my element. Finally am able to teach my two loves simultaneously. 

But then I get home and my races in circles trying to remember what I forgot, what I still have to do, and what's on the agenda tomorrow. At least I don't have to report to an 8 a.m. like I did last year.

Alright. I have goals for the day and sitting around on my blog won't get them done. I really do love being on the road to find out, though. Thankful to Cat Stevens, too.