Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Okay, Wednesday. I See Your Two Humps, and I Raise You By Another Two Humps. Hey, 80s/90s Kids...Who Remembers Camels?

We had our big The Outsiders class last night, and talked about 101 things. I wanted the class to go well, but it actually far surpassed my expectations. Nope. Nothing to do with me. I believe it's just because The Outsiders has that something to get people talking. "Pony Boy...try to only smoke a pack of cigarettes a day. You're on the track team." 

Different times.

But we wrote about our own schools: inside/outside, status, neighborhoods, stereotypes, and I recalled the 1st floor cafeteria and the smoking lounge, thinking that some had time to smoke during four-minute changing of classes. Huh? But then I started thinking about senior year, college, and all the Camel cigarettes that floated about....Can you see the guy standing in the camel's ankle? There were subliminal messages in those packs...the marketing. 

It's hard for me to imagine a time like this ever existed. You tell a 14 year-old kid to think twice about smoking more than a pack a day? 

Camel thoughts. 

And it is humpday, I have a late night class tonight plus I get to hand over a Chair-duty at 1 pm (I am officially no longer the Chair of R&T....the time I'm regaining is immeasurable). I can focus on other leadership for a while (but more importantly, on finding my sanity)

I'm entering this morning knowing it's the climb up, and it's time for the slide down. We got this. Will likely spend the entire day in the office, but we got this.