Monday, September 5, 2022

Good Deed for the Weekend: Supporting the Stratford High School Cheerleaders Who Were Laboring to Raise Money for Their Cheer Team

Every penny always counts at ever school, for ever club, in ever state, and for every organization that works with youth. As a teacher and once-upon-a-time Volleyball coach, it used to drive me mad how many thousands of dollars it cost us out of our own pockets just to keep things afloat. You'd think there'd be support, but nope. You want it, you got to work for it. Perhaps that is why I know what I have to do for CWP.

I was heading outside to wash my car when Kris Sealey posted that Isaiah's girlfriend and her team were hosting a car wash. That was easy...a no brainer.

So I went and they were a bit horrified having to pull a butterfly out of the grill of the front. Whoops. That's 17 for you...all those up and down hills. I'd help it if I could.

But the Hulk is cleaned and today it's my turn to labor. I have a presentation at Kennesaw State University on Tuesday, followed by my first YA Literature course. It's all beginning this week and that's the way it always rolls.

The good news is, however, that they're calling for rain for two complete days. I'm so excited to see this liquid fall from the sky. It's really, really gross and the soil needs to drink some

Here's to having Mondays off forever. It's really nice.