Sunday, September 18, 2022

I Wasn't Worried About College Essays or Enrollments, Dr. Sealey. I Was Totally Concentrating on Grilling Chicken and Feeding the Peoples.

I'm pretty sure Isaiah rocked it. Why wouldn't he? Look at the parental units at home! More impressive is that he concentrated on writing a college application during a late-summer barbecuing event. You have to give him that (although I also applaud the Dave and Kris happy dance that he accomplished what he accomplished, concentrating despite our noise). 

Meanwhile, volleyball and badminton prevailed. My Syracuse buddy, Dr. John Kiweewa (graduated two years before me) came with his family, as did friends from S. Korea, and the Dakotas, via Sudan. It was a beautiful evening of food...friends...festivities.

We did our part, but mother and son kept sneaking inside to work on college essays. I get the stress. It makes sense. They might as well be twins. This kid has a tremendous future.

Meanwhile, I fed another 14 individuals, Karal was thrilled be distracted by so many kids (and met her match with John's youngest son), and I'm feeling sideswiped by all the work that has to be accomplished today. 

But I loved the food, friendship, grilling, and conversation last night: Trinidad, Uganda, Sudan, S. Korea, Sri Lanka, Togo, and Congo all in one space celebrating a new year, and falls semester. That is beautiful, and I'm sure that is close to what Isaiah's essay was all about.

Happy Sunday. Greatest day of the week.