Friday, September 16, 2022

Feeling the Need to Put Forward One More Garden Burst Before the Frosts Come & the Fallen Leaves

Mt. Pleasant had a pretty rough year with gardens, especially because of the high heat and lack of rain. Still, the patch out front that is in direct sunlight all day long, seemed to love the weather. I put a packet from Kaitlyn & Dominik's wedding into the grown, and it continues to bloom. I love the surprises and feistiness, which also might describe their relationship. They are annuals, so I know they won't be back next year, but for this year, they continue to put a smile on my face. They're almost like fireworks. 

Today is a TGIF, but I know that the day is LONG and I won't be TGIFing until much later tonight. I am looking at the agenda, and wanting to skip the day completely. Still, I want to keep my chin up and walk forward with integrity....to do what is right. 

Yesterday was national cheeseburger day and I hope to catch up on that later this evening. I'm also hoping my lawnmower will come out of the shop and that I can do a trip (perhaps the last) in the next week. I'm not Papi Butch. I would never find a reason to mow everyday. In fact, I avoid that (too much like childhood). 

In the meantime, I'll enjoy the nymphs, hoppers, and swallowtails still making their way to the flowers out front. The bees are thankful, too. 

Next summer, I hope my entire back lawn will look like this. If grass doesn't want to grow...why not a field of wildflower perennials. That would look great.