Saturday, September 17, 2022

Foo Foo Fancy Friday Night Fish Fry at a Yacht Club - Crandall's Become All Sorts of Fancy Looking Out at the Yachts & Sipping an Old Fashion

Really, it was the luck of the draw. Pam's neighbor belongs to the Yacht club and we were heading out for burgers (national cheeseburger day) when she called and insisted we meet her at the Yacht Club. I was basically in sweats, a baseball cap, and t-shirt, but she insisted we would fit right in. 

I wanted to jump into Ky impersonations like long distant cousins, but I was warned against it. I mean, a yacht club. How fancy is that? 

I did hear they have the best fish fry in Connecticut, so I wanted to give it a dry. Sure enough. Spot on. The fish-n-chips were superb...best I've had in the State, so I'm willing to lift my pinkie once again for such a meal. I just grit my teeth when I talk pretending I'm from Darien..."I'd like the fish fry, please." Who says I can't be related to Thurston Howell, the III?

I bragged that I have a boat, too, and everyone wanted to know what kind. I said, "An Ocean-State Job Lot kayak that I practically got for free." 

That didn't impress many.

Still, it was a great meal, wonderful company, a beautiful skyline. I am sold, and more than willing to return to the club should I ever be invited again. It was far from what I planned for a Friday night, but I ran with it nonetheless.

Happy Saturday. I don't think today will be as mucky-muck.