Monday, September 26, 2022

Oh, I Figured I'd Find an Re-enactment of the Bobsled/Cliffside Coaster in Lake Placid, and Wola! I Found It, Indeed.

Tunga treated me to a ride in Lake Placid, when it was 40 degrees, the day before the wedding. It was a riot. The climb up was thrilling and when it let go, I was full speed downhill and I have to laugh to know that we peaked at 27 m.p.h. when the real bobsled course maneuvered around 78 m.p.h. I can't imagine flying through the mountains any faster.

We left Saranac around 10:15 a.m. then headed northeast to take a ferry across Lake Champlain to visit Burlington, although it was short lived. 

The traffic was, well, northeast traffic, and we didn't get to Stamford until 6:15. That made for an 8-hour day in the car, and I drove the entire time. I was exhausted.

Still, I am stimulated and exhilarated by the ride I had on Mt. Van Hoevenberg, knowing that the 1980s Olympics that were the first I really got into as a child, was really up the road and I had the opportunity to visit. 

I can't recommend this trip enough. It's a gorgeous location (stunning actually) and so clean, fresh, beautiful, and promising. 

Go, Adirondacks! Go. I'm sold. I'm already strategically looking for way to bring National Writing Project work that way. I passed all those schools. Why wouldn't they want to host us?!

And no! These aren't my feet, but I did do this! Your turn!