Monday, March 14, 2022

Whoever Sent the Socks, I Am Thankful. And I Will Tell You Why - I Didn't Want to Walk All the Way Back Up the Stairs

The rituals are what they are. I wake up after Karal does yoga stretches across the bed, I come downstairs, I make coffee, and I kick off the day. Typically, I take it easy, do the writing stuff, plan the day, clean a little, and when it is time, I go for a walk. 

A problem, however, is with socks. I don't sleep with anything on my feet and I have no idea how anyone does. So, I come downstairs more often than not barefoot. I don't own slippers, and I usually don't put anything on my feet until I'm heading out the door.

And I usually forget to grab a pair of socks, so have to climb back upstairs to get a pair when Karal and I leash up and head outdoors. 

This is why I was thrilled to have an unmarked package of Holy Shit! I'm 50! socks sent to my door. Not sure who sent them, but they came in handy on my weekend romp outdoors. I was heading upstairs when I saw them on the table and said to myself, "Well, look at that. You were saved this morning, Crandall."

I was. 

I know it is break, but I'm heading to campus. I have to get on top of the CWP part of my job: grants, book deliveries, orders, schedules, and organization. It's hard to play the role of academic as well as Director and I too often feel I neglect all needing to be done. This, of course, was not as much a problem when I had assistance and support from State grants, the university, and the school. Those days disappeared, however, so I have to be the administrative assistant to myself, adding a 3rd job to all I'm responsible to maintain.

So, I will inhale and do what is best for the teachers and youth I love tremendously.

Yes, I'm 50, but I still have work to do, and I will do it with a smile. Hello, Monday. We got this.