Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Finally Got to the Bay Window They Installed in January. Still Need to Get the Last of the Wood Frame and the Curtains Up, But Not Bad for a Weekend Job

I stopped to get paint on my way home from the University and am sort of shocked that two-hours later it doesn't look that bad. I went for the blue in a painting of New York's Finger Lakes and it picked up the blue in the carpet. Karal, of course, needed to be in the center of it all...every...single...move...that...I...made. It feels good to at least get one chore done at home - this is how wonderful it is not to have to teach. There is space to be a human being for a week.

Now I need to move to other spaces in my house. We shall see.

I also went through grant files, 2017-2022, as we were kicked out of Canisius and only there a few months before Covid kicked us off of campus. I needed to close up several files (well, be sure we finished the grants) and I now can see my desk again. I even deposited checks that have awaiting my attention.

Woot woot. Spring Break. When I have time to catch up on some of my jobs. 

Today, I'm going to try to get as much grading as I can, so I can actually think ahead to the rest of the semester. I have to catch up on what has set me behind.

And I went with Giddon one-coat, primer/paint in one. I can't believe how little I had to use. I'm very impressed - and dang, I even had time to walk Karal for an hour. I figured it was going to be an all evening job. Nope.

Okay, Tuesday. Bring it. Tonight it is Tank & the Bangas!