Saturday, March 19, 2022

The Pictures Never Do It Justice....Full Moon Rising Over the Long Island Sound...the Last of the Winter Season...All Tangerine and Orange and Nice

Okay, Friday. I' worked my way up until the Fairfield / Texas game, walked Karal along the shoreline, and returned there to see the moonrise. In the photo, it looks like a pimple, but in reality it was huge and gorgeous...definitely worth the road trip to the sand.

The rest of the day was spent grading, ordering, organizing, painting, and making scrambled eggs - the only thing I can take down on my left side, because my right side is still healing.

But today is Saturday, and it's supposed to be a rainy day. I anticipate plopping on my front porch to grade and plan all day - that's what I do when the temperatures go from high 60s to low 40s. I'm also hoping Chitunga will say, "Hey, Dad. Why don't we meet at xxx for dinner?" That would be great. I could use a meal out, and hopefully one I can digest...was going to right 'suck down,' but there's no sucking allowed when a blood clot is healing. 

And don't tell anyone, but I'm caught up with the laundry. I put the last load in the dryer last night before I went to sleep, and I suppose today will be one of folding and putting in the closet. Shhhh. It will pile up again, but a benefit of not having to teach is that you gain numerous hours to catch up on the other things you're supposed to accomplish. 

Here's to the weekend. Crying real tears that the week off from teaching is already over. I love the teaching part of my job, but it takes a toll on all the other work that is expected....the break is definitely a gift. Some of the panic disappears.

I hope you are gifted with time to do what you want to do today. And if that includes NCAA March Madness, I totally get it. It's the ultimate distraction.

Sam & Lou, you accomplished much! The Longhorns were ranked high for a reason, and you persevered well. You both represent the better side of Fairfield and I'm proud of you, your athleticism, your achievements, and what you stand for.