Sunday, March 27, 2022

Happy Birthday, Shirls! Here's to The 21st, 28th, 35th, and 40th Celebration of Your Existence. You Deserve Nothing But the Best Today

Saturday turned out to be even murkier than expected....torrential downpours, sleet, and ice (causing me to sit in my car for 30 minutes before I stepped into the celebration, but the games, silliness, happiness, and partying in the honor of Shirley Klein was worth every second of the wait. 

I gifted her The 5 Second Rule and That's What She Said (two games that incited laughter) and we had a good time with with inappropriate fill-ins and naming three items within 5 seconds for the majority of the night.

Red velvet cake, manicotti, and snacks made for a wonderful Saturday evening after both Connecticut and Louisville Women's Basketball teams won their games. I have my L's up for the ladies of Derby City.

The party animals also came in handy. 

But now is a day of grading, planning, writing, and ordering, all the while we can send birthday songs for the official day. I'm in hopes, too, that Chitunga will work on my taxes (while I clean the house)

It's a Sunday, finishing March with a winter that was calm (and we are all thankful as a result). 

We love you, Shirls! Your friend and family in Connecticut. Here's to the next decades of your incredible life!