Thursday, March 24, 2022

Maybe the Recommendations Are Spot On? I Can't Duct Tape My Entire Body Until May Nor Can I Create A Bubble Shield, but I Can Pretend, Can't I?

A week ago, at a regular cleaning, I was quickly whipped into oral surgery to have an abscess tooth abstracted. I was sent home with minimal instruction except, avoid infection. There was not prescription, but a warning not to drink out of straws and to avoid almost every food imaginable. It didn't say for how long, but I follow directions. Soup and mashed potatoes it has been. I still feel there's this slight infection running along the gum-line down a nerve, but it is not swollen, nor is it read or ridiculously painful, unless my tongue does some probing. 

Yesterday, however, I started getting this sharp pain under my eye and I quickly recalled my little sister's post-covid sty. I am beginning to swell like she did. I don't see it, as it appears to be more in my upper cheek than my eye lid, and after a 14 hour day yesterday I both heat packed and ice paced the area (insert the word mother fucker here). I don't need another ailment. 

My chair wrote to say I need to be duct-taped together until May, but I was thinking, "Shoot. September until May are my easy months...July-August are where my life takes off for the good." Perhaps I need a bubble. I know I definitely need sleep, mindlessness, and calm. It's definitely been a year and then some.

Today is Thursday. I have appointments in 4 different schools in separate parts of the state, plus lunch with an Emmy-winning script writer who wants to discuss a collaborative idea about working with teachers and kids (this is Fairfield County....when you have messages left on your office phone requesting an appointment and when you do the research you learn, "Okay, so you wrote this....and you wrote that...and now in your spare time you're thinking this....and thinking that....."  It's hard not to go along for the ride to see what is possible. 

I just hope I end looking like Popeye by the time the meeting rolls along. I will try to live in a bubble until then.