Friday, March 25, 2022

Live Footage of Me Yesterday at 4 p.m. after Running Books to Schools for Eight Hours. I'm Not a Napper, But with the Rain and Gray...Phew. This Head Was Heavy

I snuck into my house at 4 p.m. after covering 48 miles of driving to deliver more materials for the Cultivated Women's Collective. I was doing well, knowing there was a recording of The Write Time scheduled on campus at 7 p.m. I entered my house and said, "I can't stay awake," so laid on the couch and poof! I lost an hour to napping. That is so very, very Crandall-rare. I did wake up in time to make dinner and head back to campus. 

The best part is I awoke with Karal curled beside me on the couch. 

"I'm just resting my eyes. Just resting my eyes," I could hear channeled to what my Grandma Vera and Grandpa Ken used to say to me.

Teaching is exhausting. K-12 school hours matched with graduate school late hours catch up rather quickly, and without enough time in the day, I had to give into my head when it said, "pillow, pillow, pillow."

I have to say, however, that I'm super excited for the next episode of the The Write Time, because we found the perfect match to the guest writers and the 30-minute show easily snuck up to an hour...it was worth every second.

Ah, but today is Friday. I have another round of school trips, more book orders to be made, and continued grant labor. This is why March Madness is so important. Weekends are for the much-needed distraction. 

I look forward to being distracted.