Sunday, March 20, 2022

Spring Purge, Part #1, Thanks to @KrisSealey and Her Post About a Clothing Drive to Support Stratford High School Musicians. I Was In.

The day of rain, actually turned into a day of fog, warm temperatures, and blue skies. Okay. So when Kris posted on Facebook there was a clothing drive at the local high school, I went to town. I filled the Hulk from trunk to hood with pants, shirts, hoodies, sneakers, towels and even comforters that this man's body hasn't touched in several years...um, no. I will never wear that prom tuxedo again...the one I wore to chaperone many a dance at the Brown School (and I'm wondering how I ever fit into such a thing). 

Gone too are dress clothes from another era. Although I kept the majority of ties, I realized I'm good with my sport coats, sweaters, t-shirts, jeans, and sneakers. If my feet didn't step inside a kick for over a year, it also went into a box. 

The purging felt great. 

Then Tunga proposed a hike, we grabbed Karal, and we did the Short Beach stomp, followed by a small gathering with friends at Pam's. All the while, I caught as many games as I could (okay, UNC...not bad under dogging against Baylor. That was a game).

Vera vacuumed the house and I prepped the bay window for the next series of staining and cleaned out the garage knowing Chitunga needed to store items while he transitions into his new apartment. 

I really do love the madness of March. Saint Peter's beats Murray State. I'll take it. 

But Sunday is meant for the crockpot, grading, organizing, and dreading the work week ahead. The good news is that Karal is wiped out. I think it's hard for anyone to see that Karal calms down and is chill in my house, especially when her inner-toddler kicks in outside the house and she spent most of the day enthusiastic to be around others. She is zonked out for sure. 

Wait. Will there be more basketball today? I believe there will be. Phew. That 2020 Covid season really was a bummed period of time, wasn't it? 

Glad to have the madness back.