Friday, October 28, 2022

Some Crazy, Middle-Aged, Dad-#@$@ Last Night As I Ran Up to Big-Y to Get Milk for the Morning

I knew when I got home from the University yesterday afternoon that I was done. My mind was not going to cooperate or work. I needed to find something to distract me, because I felt guilt for not being able to accomplish all that is in my to-do pile. That's why I decided I needed to get milk, as I had to do a bagel without any juice for the cereal. I drove to the north end of town to get my cow goods (lactose free....trained  by Tunga), then decided I wanted to see the sunset, so drove to the other end of town simply to eat a burger and look at the wafting clouds, the colors, a few seagulls, and the water.

Karal was with me. Initially we were going to a friends, but the friends got called away in an emergency, so the beach run was spur-of-the-moment and a way to be away from the laptop and the work-guilt. It's still there, but I put it to the side and decided I needed a television, blanket, and stupidity night. I watched baking shows, of course.

I went to the Ortho-Care after two months of being told to do so and my leg will not need to be amputated after all...it's just prepatellar bursitis, and the x-rays showed nothing else. She said it is caused from jamming or banging the knee, which could of been from Joanna's wedding, but likely flared up because of the Catholic funeral I went to Thursday. Up, down, kneel, pray, Up, down, kneel, pray. That, I'm guessing is what put m over the top. It's been like a squish-ball and I've been massaging it and pushing around.

That, however, is a no-no, I was told. No playing with the prepatellar bursitis ball, even if it is squishy.

So, it's back to ice and now I have to rub in anti-inflammatory cream. Middle age. Middle age. Middle age. 

Joy. 

Hoping my brain comes alive again today, because last night it was done with the world. Aidos. Ciao. Aufwiedersehen. It probably was the 3rd cup of coffee. If I go over two cups, I end up miserable for the rest of the day. But I needed something to get me through the faculty retreat on assessment. It backfired.