Saturday, February 12, 2022

Well, It's Been a Week Already and I Have My Staple Remover. These Boogers are Coming Out. Python Bites and Hopefully Sutured.

Friday wasn't a bad day. I finished a project, picked up 100 books for another project, heard additional books arrived for a third project, and was sent a photo of my academic mentor, Kelly Chandler Olcott, and no other than Nic Stone. Woot Woot. Happiness. Then, at night, I traded in a gift certificate for Marguerite pizza, meatballs and a Caesar salad. A good meal. Okay, Friday, we'll move into the weekend with a smile.

I'm signed up for a 5K on Sunday, Run 4 Refugees, but this morning I have to return to the ER to get the staples out. I had a scare, as I had gum boils forming around my molars. I am chalking this up to the family of Covid tongue. My teeth ached all day and the, zzzz, they popped. Swear to The Great Whatever this is the work of martians.

A week ago today, it was supposed to be a very different day. Today, I am counting my blessings.

So they say you just go in and they pop the mothers out. I'm hoping it's painless, as I hear there's no need to make me a numb-skull again. I'm hoping this is true. I've avoided trying too hard to think about the damage I did. Actually, I just did a series of photos of the back of my head. More on that tomorrow.

Meanwhile, my grading pile is enormous, the temperatures will be in the 50s, and I simply want a low-key day with no drama. I should head to my office as there are million and one things I need to accomplish for the week ahead (although I got a lot of the materials in place yesterday).

I'm just thankful. So much of all of this could have been much, much worse. I know this as everyone has been sending me Bob Saget news and other tragic Covid fall realities. It seems to be ubiquitous with middle-aged morons like myself. It's all good. I keep my faith looking forward.

We got this.