Tuesday, February 22, 2022

By Golly, I'll Be Damned Before You See My Wordle Achievements (I Don't Play), but I Am Mighty Proud of My 259 Point Game Play on Words with Friends (So There)

I know I should quit. I'm addicted. I've always been a scrabble fanatic, so when Words with Friends came onto the scene, of course I began playing. I start my day waking up on the game, and I put myself to bed playing (a main culprit for why I spend so many hours on my i-Phone). I have to tell myself that in the old world, I'd play Scrabble five or six times a year. Now, I play nine or ten people a day.

It's excessive and I am not happy with the hours I put in. 

But I love the magnets my sister made for me when she beat me and they hang on my office door. I also get excited when I line words along to triple word scores because, well, you win on one word-play. It rarely happens, but when you do, you post it on your blog.

Happy Tuesday. Lucky for me, it's a Monday on Tuesday day at Fairfield University, so I don't have to teach my evening class, but just have the life sucked out of me while attending campus meetings. Tomorrow morning, however, it's a full blast day with 5th graders again, followed by portfolio scoring for the rest of the week in Redding, Connecticut. 

As a result, I needed to spend all of yesterday getting prepared for the bonanza ahead. A teacher always needs to have everything prepared for every second of the day, because as soon as they sense disorganization, they go in for the kill. I'd rather keep everything moving forward every second I'm with them.

And so I'm hoping for a 'saved' week and not an 'unsaved' one. We shall see. 

Time to kick it off in 3...2...1