Monday, February 21, 2022

The Goal of Fall 2021 Was to Bring My Teachers to Louisville and to Participate in NCTE, in Vietnamese Food, and to Try Some Brough Brothers. Didn't Happen, But...

Well, this didn't occur because of Covid and online conferencing. Even so, in the back of my mind I have been wanting to taste Brough Brothers Bourbon Whiskey, but they don't sell the product in Connecticut. I was sent teasers from friends in Kentucky, California, and Tennessee, but could not get a taste in the Nutmeg State. Instead, I figured I'd have to way until I visited the bluegrass once more

Then Sue McV surprised me, and a birthday present arrived. On Saturday night, Leo, Dom, and I gave the bottle a shot.  Well, we didn't do shots. We sipped the bourbon neat and on rocks. It made for a wonderful celebration while bopping one another on the head with a blow-up cave club. We drink booze. Monosyllabic talk and bourbon are a way of life.

This is all to say that I finally got to try the bourbon and I believe there's a definite taste of Brown School in the mix. I have to get my local stores to carry it. It would make Connecticut living a little bit smoother. 

Okay, Monday. We have a day off, but we have work to do. The past four days were a bonanza of too much attention (really appreciate it), and I loved all the love. Not sure if I deserve it, but it definitely was rejuvenating. I have fuel for the years ahead (whatever The Great Whatever allows). I'm slowly putting away the gifts, arranging the cards, and putting things in place for the incredible we have lined up over the next several months and summer..

But this morning, I'm shouting out the the brothers of Louisville. Congratulations on your success. And I can say without remorse....All gone. That bottle was a little too good once it was open. Lucky for me, I had friends to assist.