Friday, February 11, 2022

I'll Take a Relaxed Dog at the End of the Day, After a Marathon of Writing, Grading, and Finding Hope with the @WritingProject Family

Stay tuned to Valentine's Day. My soul is in love, and I can't wait to share the wisdom of a phenomenal writer with teaching communities everywhere. 

Karal was happy when I finally chose to turn the laptop off, shut down the external screen, put the phone away, and simply sit in silence. My companion that I chose on a whim, because a man's best friend can't have a relationship until they are chosen, chilled for a while. No matter how much a nuisance other families found her (and I do, too), she's great to have around.

She is as a metaphor to myself. She can sit still. She can relax. She simply needed love. What a spazz.

It's Friday, and I'm picking up 100+ copies of Torrey Maldonado's What Lane, and I am looking forward to featuring it with Bridgeport youth during the 2022 Youth Leadership Academy - Writing Our Lives & Choosing a Lane. It remains a favorite event each year and I couldn't be happier about featuring no other than the Maldonadorian himself. We Frogs appreciate Grogu, although we have to watch our back. We're that delicious.

I have appointments in New Haven and Fairfield, stretching me in two different directions, but I think I'm 99.9% I'm ready to hit the send button on another project. Meanwhile, next week is loaded with events I've chosen for myself, especially working with 70 5th graders and a team of teacher-leaders to discuss a fantastic book with my birthday brother, Paul Hankins. 

But I'm channeling Karal, and understand the importance of rest. If only dogs blogged daily, and this was a photo of me on her lap.