Wednesday, February 23, 2022

tou·ché, little sister, tou·ché. As soon as the bathroom mat purchased dissolves and disappears, these are definitely the next step for anti-slip protection

My little sister ordered these to come with the first aid kid and the 1972 bourbon glass, but the company messed up, so the joke had to be a little delayed. Still, it's really funny, and I really could use the non-slip bathroom protection. I don't need to recreate another incident like two weeks ago. Although humorous, it really is a great gift and I appreciate it. 

Wow, it's Wednesday again. That happened fast. Today, we'll be working with 75 5th graders before I move to work with 128 juniors (yes, I'm jam-packed today). I just hope I can get to point A from point B without falling asleep. There's a lot of obligations needing to be fulfilled. Of course, it's all for student writer, K-12 teachers, and the magic of what kids can do when adults invest in them. 

I just wish it didn't start at 8, causing me to leave my house at 6:45 a.m....

Ah, but it is what it is.

I spent yesterday on campus, alone in a Dean's Office that remain empty, creating 150 Cultivated Women's Collective notebooks for the participating schools in southern Connecticut. I did see colleagues online and was assured about all the ways our leadership was supporting us, helping us, keeping us in mind, and doing more work than we can possibly imagine. 

We also learned that it is hard, at time, to be motivated when it rains, clouds are gray, and one lives with seasonal dysfunction disorder. I get it. These days are dark. 

But, I'm finding the light. I get to work with teachers and kids today and that is what I signed up for, and what I hope to do for the rest of my life. 

We got this Crandall. We have to.