Tuesday, February 8, 2022

For Someone Who Is Foggy-Brained (Captain Staple - That Was Easy, as the Twins Called me Out), I'm Resting and I Like My Glasses...so There's That

I am keeping my head on a pillow as much as possible. I also braved a shower (phew, three days without deoderant...not a good idea). I got a bath mat so I could protect myself from falling again. I also held onto the wall. Best to get back on the saddle. And I had permission to shower after 48 hours, but no drying my hair except for the patted approach. All went well. But I was a little nervous about getting back on the horse. Well, to stand in a bathtub again. Discovering my bloody hand print on the curtain didn't help. 

Oh, and this photo is 3 days without a shower. I think I should do this more often because I look better with unwashed hair. The brown overlapping the gray, parted n the side like I'm an episode of Silver Spoons.

And so begins two frantic, hectic days of teaching (which I love to do, because most of the work is created before the class begins and I simply go into the room to enjoy myself). This week, we're working with 1st graders in Norwalk who have been approaching double letter sounds like 'Ch', so we are presenting on changes. I made a video yesterday to introduce them to Fairfield University's campus. Yes, the turkeys made themselves known. The goal is to see one ch-changing with a strong reading and writing trajectory.

But I am looking forward to Wednesday evening, most, when I will not think about classes and I can close my eyes and rest more than I'm doing now. I'm laying low. Seriously. I have to, and the directions are to get the staples out this week. Anyone have staple remover?

Alice in California told me I don't have to have a crazy-ass story or post on my blog every day, so I decided to make this a chill-one. It's been a wild ride. Who wants to push me in a stroller?

Better yet, who wants to clean my house?