Wednesday, February 2, 2022

I Want to Be Smarter with a Great Window Quote From Literature, But All I Have Is The Fact That My Window Was Installed with 11 Degree Temperatures

Sometimes when I sip my morning coffee, I just chuckle at the absurdity of it all. Of course the installation company would call at 6:30 a.m. and say they were out front, even when they said between 7 - 7:30 a.m. It's all good, I was up, I had a day's worth of work planned, and I had winter's hat, gloves, and coat on for that work, but it eventually got too difficult for me, so I went upstairs. Anyone want fresh air on a frosty morning in February? 

Actually it was the noise. 

Long story short, two windows were installed by 10 a.m., and everything was cleaned up. I heard someone washing dishes in the kitchen and came downstairs. It was Edem, the birthday boy (age 30, can you believe it?) cleaning up breakfast after a doctor's appointment after work. 

That was my Tuesday.

Dang. The heat had to only be off for a couple of hours (btw, still warm upstairs). I prepped my evening class, came down, Edem and I rearranged furniture, and that was that. I'm really impressed. The windows look great and only a couple of adjustments need to be made...The bay window taken out is the same as the one brought in (Sir, I think these are the original windows in this house...perhaps the first crank shift windows in Connecticut. And on a bay window). 

The issue is with he trim. The previous window required thick trim, which needs to be accommodated for...because now there's a gap, so new drywall needs to be done. It's all good. I got this. Right now, the couch is backed up to the window and covers it, so I can be patient when getting somebody in for repair. 

I'm satisfied. Of course, now I need to paint the wood, but we'll get there. I am thinking about using a stain, but we'll see. 

Oh, and I'm off to teach today. Finish at 7 pm Tuesday nights and out of the house at 7 a.m. on Wednesday mornings. Never again will I agree to anything as DUMB as this schedule. Ever.