Monday, February 14, 2022

Okay, Monday. I'm Revved Up and Ready For Whatever You Wish to Bring. I Am Fueled By Good People Doing Great Things. Love. Period.

I didn't run. But I did participate. I didn't lose my intestines or toes, and simply enjoyed the drumming, the spirit, the energy, and the love of the annual Iris Run for (and with) Refugees in New Haven, Connecticut. It was hard, because I wanted to run, but I had self-restraint and I achieved.

I'm also thankful for the Silvers who had me over for the football game, including incredible party food (Yes, I ate too many chicken meatballs sweetened with pineapples over rice. I indulged a little too much on those. And the shrimp. Who can go wrong with the shrimp?).

I was proud of myself, though, because I was nose to the grind with grading and planning so I could take a Sunday evening, although I wanted to collapse at 8 p.m.. There's a tremendous agenda ahead this week and I have everything lined up and ready to go. 

The goals are many, including one of being in trot mode for 2023 for a race that has love at its center. As many t-shirts said, "Give me a refugee over a racist any day." True that. Run local, think global. Now that is a mantra. Here is not there and we should do what we can for the humanity of all. I don't see how any religion would be counter to such a goal (although I'm sure many use religion to spread the hate and prejudice they have in their heart). That is for them to figure out.

Okay, Garfield. We have another Monday. Let her take it easy on all of us. Most of us stayed up to watch the game (and commercials). Now to Twitter to see what they're saying about that halftime show. I don't think I want to know, but I'll give it a look. Flashbacked to my 20s and early 30s.

And Happy Valentine's Day. I got Renée Watson to look forward to tonight...The Write Time! Doubt she'll be my Valentine, but I'm pretending she's mine.