Thursday, February 3, 2022

Because My Life is Absolutely Naan-sense, Why Not Make PBJ with Whatever Bread Can Be Found in the Home?

Since I left my house yesterday morning at 7 a.m. I had one goal - get thee to a Big Y to get groceries. I bypassed lunch because I went from class, to schools, to ZOOM meetings for candidates, to emails, to looking at the clock and saying, "It's past dinner. Shoot. I never went to the store."

Ugh. So, I did have naan bread, and there's always peanut butter and jelly. It was what it was. A mixing of cultures. Not the greatest but it sufficed.

I obviously didn't hit the road to Syracuse like I planned, but the threat of storms, and the uneasiness of health stuff made me think it wasn't a really good idea. Better safe than sorry. This will give me a few days to grade, focus, rethink strategies, catch up, and work with colleagues in the NWP. It's not a bad thing, but I was looking forward to family time and the Syracuse/Louisville game (even though both teams bite this year). We'll still watch it on t.v.

On another note, thrilled to get a check for $25,000 in the mail today in support of a project I envisioned last summer. I forgot all about it, but will take the foundational support to launch what I had in mind. Always cool to see a check for that amount - and especially cool to put this money in the hands of teachers. You give a teacher a dollar and they will make it last a long, long time. Thrilled to invest this in 8 teachers and 95 adolescent writers. More on this soon, once I wrap my head around the reality that this is going into effect immediately. I know the work it will take and I'm trying to figure out how to engage this when everything is moving forward without knowledge this sudden twist in the narrative would arrive.

So, naan PBJ in stomach, I finally said at 9:30, the day is done. 

Hello, Thursday. What are you doing here?