Friday, November 25, 2022

Well, Then Comes the 27th Year (Snap of Fingers, Just Like That). Wasn't I Just 27? I Swear I Was. Seriously, Though...I Could Not Be Prouder

I'm not supposed to celebrate the kid on social media...as outward and social as I am, he is introverted and careful. It's all good, though, because love is love, and I love how much this kid has accomplished in the last ten years, and the man he had become/is becoming. 

27 years old today. Doesn't seem possible. A Masters degree, his own apartment in Stamford, two work offices, and a zest for hiking, reading, thinking, bourbon, and now, perhaps, snowboarding -- his new winter board is in my garage stored for days when the snow arrives (along with golf clubs, footballs, weights, & other clutter he doesn't want in his space when he's not using it.. 

This photo was taken in Lake Placid while enjoying Eric & Rhiannon's wedding. 

Yesterday, though, we hosted Thanksgiving and had a feast, but the highlight found new traditions, because both Kaitlyn & Dominic AND Patrick & Stephanie have newborns and they joined us for the gravy. It changed the entire dynamic in beautiful ways, including the calm of holding them and sitting still while watching the World Cup and American football games.

I'm celebrating Tunga today, and trying to avoid Kaitlyn's pecan, bourbon shortcake bars, which keep calling my name no matter what room I am in. They are so frickin' good. I successfully did not have one for breakfast; instead, I had a slice of apple pie.

We'll see if we can have an adventure today for the kid (well, man) and find a way to bring all these desserts somewhere less tempting than my kitchen. 

Happy Birthday, Chitunga! You're wings have always been meant to soar. So, so proud.