Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Choosing to Moon You the Day After Election Day, Only Because this Was the View From My Office Last Night (Of Course It Doesn't Do It Justice)

More covid cases on the rise with students, so once again the request was to go online with graduate courses. It was last minute, too, as positive results came from afternoon tests. Joy. Better safe than sorry. 20% of students is enough to protect us all, I suppose, and to be honest, I've come to prefer online teaching: it's more effective, efficient, and economical. We get much done without having to be stuck in traffic.

Ah, but the moon. What a wonderful display as it rose, and sadly, this photo doesn't capture any of it. It was a big ball of beautiful orange, so much so that I had to pause the class to get a photo (as uneventful as it is captured here)

And last night I got to present on one of my favorite topics: poetic narration in YA literature. It's sort of like breathing to me, and I combine NWP work with YA love, and boom, it was a great evening. Weird to think I only had two hours on the topic, but that's the way graduate school goes at Fairfield.

Meanwhile, jury duty today. Ugh....but received a text over night, that it was cancelled, and I'm relieved from the duty. Phew. 

I feel like I just got a snow day. That's how giddy I am. Relieved from jury duty...someone queue hallelujah!

Keeping reading people. Keep experience and interacting with many communities. Democracy isn't about sitting in a cave, locked up in chains, studying your own shadows. Get out there and learn. Free you minds.