Sunday, November 27, 2022

No One Wants These Pies, So I've Cut a Deal with the Devil to Pacify My Guilt. I Will Eat One Piece of Each & Then (Sadly) Throw Them Away

This was definitely the Thanksgiving for desserts. Five pies were left behind, as well as Kaitlyn's Pecan, bourbon shortcake bars (which I refuse to share with others - it is my daily treat until they are gone). Even so, I started to feel bad that all of these pieces only had a slice taken from them. I sent two home with Chitunga, and the others I promised I'd at least taste before I dumped them.

And trust me...I've been calling around to see who I could share these desserts with. I don't want them in the house because they whisper seductive thoughts in my ears, like the apple pie did last night, "How about you heat me up a little, warm me, and mix me with rum & raisins before slurping me from a bowl?"

Okay. I did. I wanted to get rid of rum-raising ice cream, too. One slice of heated pie, one bowl of ice cream, and a day of high-fiving myself. I readied Mt. Pleasant for Christmas. 

Decorating the house took all day, even with watching the World Cup matches. I am still knocking on wood, because all the lights worked. That's a first. Tree is up, decorations traded with usual fixtures in the home, and the bounty of gifts I bought last year on clearance that I forgot about. Bonus.

Rumor is it will be a crappy day, so I can start getting my head wrapped around the last few weeks of the semester...just 3 more weeks left.

They all fly by and blur together, anyway.

Ah, here's to your Sunday. I'm feeling rather good that so much was accomplished yesterday.