Monday, November 7, 2022

In Yesterday's Attempt for Crandall Being Chef-Boyardee, He Takes on Shrimp, Basil, and Gnocchi, with Parmesan & Thyme

Once again, I ended up making it up as I went along. I started with the intent of a creamy parmesan sauce, but having no heavy cream, I went with crushed tomatoes, cajun shrimp, parmesan, and basil.

It was flavorful and delicious, but also very filling. Gnocchi does that every time.

As for the green beans, cranberries, and sliced almonds, I failed. It wasn't me as much as it was the frozen beans I happened to use. I've grown accustomed to the beans I get from BJs that are always great and quick to make, but not having any, I went with a different brand.

Epic Fail.

But the shrimp and gnocchi dish came out great, paired well with Bev and Leo's salad, and the cheesecake Pam offered to wash it down. 

Yes, I gained an hour in the day, but I definitely spent it taking advantage of 60 more minutes of labor. For this reason, I'm waking up on Monday absolutely exhausted. The laundry is done, the lawn is mowed, the trees have been trimmed, the leaves have been mulched, and I still found time to cook a Sunday dinner. I will call that a great day. 

Of course, all leftovers when with Chitunga, so now I have to start anew this afternoon, as I figure out something to carry me through a very busy week. 

Chicken will come to the rescue, indeed. Still grilling weather outside. Balmy.