Thursday, November 3, 2022

Let's Just Say that Susan's Morning Became My Evening. She Didn't Let Me Borrow Her Clothes, But This Image Captures Everything That Is This Time of Year

First of all, it's sleeplessness. The seasons are changing, the holidays are coming, we're still trying to finish work from the summer and we have things due in a month.We're also teaching, planning, organizing, coaching, mentoring, advising, reviewing, revising, and having to give plans for next semester already. Doesn't matter if you go from 6 a.m. until 11 p.m., there's no way to keep up with it all. I think this is just teaching, in general, and administrators seem to have plenty of time to host more meetings to get others to do the work because they're not teaching, so they justifying their existence.

That is universal in all occupations. Managing workers would never be for me, because there's too much joy in doing the work.

With that noted, Susan texted early to say that she dropped her coffee on the porch, she's out of dog food, had to scramble eggs but drooped them on the floor, then burned her hand on the pan.

My day ended with driving to campus to teach the late class, forgetting my computer at home, enduring CT traffic, arriving to campus to have 50% of my students out sick. Joy. No time to process. Onward.

Love this image though, because as death circulates before us (Alas, poor Yorick), my thoughts are falling behind me. And I have giant messes under my arms to accomplish, knowing full well, that ain't happening in the way I hope.

I did get my shots for psoriasis, however. I have looked like Freddy Kruger attacked my legs for a while now. It's bad, and I'm finding more spots on my arms...elbows. Ugh. Genetics. Aging. Joy.

I am wearing new underwear, though. That is good. Actually, they're LIFE IS GOOD, so every time I drop my drawers I'm reminded of this.