Monday, November 28, 2022

Traffic Not a Total Nightmare La La La La La La La La., Fa Both the Trees Are Standing Up Now, Fa La La La La La La La La.

Sunday was for trees. Fake trees. Hand me down trees. Karal and I put ours up and then we went to Stamford for Chitunga's, that was conveniently stored in my basement. Pam and I were invited for brunch, but when we got there, we put up the tree, and he suggested he wanted to help Pam put up her tree, so back to Milford we went, stopping to get Ambrosia bread for sandwiches and heading to the attic for the mermaid-themed white tree, World Cup soccer, and a Jacksonville upset of the Baltimore Ravens. 

I don't think anyone wants to return to work. We're ready for holiday mood until the new year arrives. I could easily sit and watch television under a blanket for the next four weeks, all while staring at the lights glittering above Karal. Work, of course, gets in the way of this. Screw work.

We also went for a walk at Wavenly Park in New Canaan, known for stowing cars after a crime has been done and for the occasional disposed body. Pam has the most wonderful trivia for afternoon walks.

I spoke too soon about the lights. Of course a strand lost its twinkle after the first night in the bay window yesterday. It needs to be replace - this, after my tap dancing last night.

Phew. Tunga's got a pencil tree. It is fun seeing him put up his own ornaments with his own traditions. He has a good apartment, and I wish Karal could come with me when I visit. 

And then there was tree (#3). Pam's tree is beautiful with its aquatic theme. At one point, I asked her, "Hey, I thought this tree was wider than this," and Chitunga laughed to say, "It can't get any whiter, Dad." Her tree is snow-white with sea ornaments, whales, starfish, mermaids, jellyfish, and seahorses. It's perfect for her beach condo. 

I'm just glad we all got into the season and now, at any space, we can put our feet up for hot cocoa and Christmas Carols. More importantly, we can enjoy one another's company - that is most important. 

Jake is recovering from his ACL surgery and permanently in his bed (well, he's supposed to be, and now he has a glow stick to keep him entertained. 

So there you have it....three trees, three homes, three supporting roles in one another's lives.....two resting dogs....and total procrastination on facing Monday for what it will likely bring...ugh.

But it really is the most wonderful time of the year. The older I get, the more I soak it all in. 

Garfield was always right. @#$@#$ Mondays.