Thursday, November 17, 2022

Foo Foo Fancy Food, Hard Work, and a Day of Exhaustion. Yes, I Went to Bed by 9 p.m., and I'm Okay With That. Lots of Light at @ncte #NCTE2022

I normally don't feel jet lag, but this trip has me whipped against my head, slammed upon a locker, and stuffed into a crate. I don't know if I am coming for going. All I know is that I accomplished what I was supposed to yesterday, that I met people for lunch and dinner, and that I needed to be under the covers by 9 p.m.

I walked to my hotel room with my eyes closed...exhausted. 

Today is another day.

The food is good, if not overpriced ($16 for coffee and a bagel), and the educators are starting to arrive. Everyone looks like they survived war when they get here (coming west does this, I guess, especially in the Walmart-inspired airline industry where nothing but tacky chaos ensues. Of course, the Pacific Ocean winds, too, create a bit of havoc when landing).

For $200, I can get access to Disney Land...I will not likely do that, even if I could say, "Hey, I went to Disneyland." Running around the area, you can still hear kids screaming from the roller coasters. It's such a beautiful sound.

I'm looking forward to seeing ol' students who moved out West, too. I'm arranging Brown School reunions whenever I get a chance: breakfasts, lunches, dinners, even walks. 

Okay. Presentations begin today and I'm super excited to celebrate Dr. Detra Price this evening. 

Now, I need coffee. I'm miserable without coffee. I am willing to pay too much money for coffee because I don't have a choice. Off to the great unknown in pursuit of mocha. The gatherings are an all-day affair and we need caffeine!

Ah. conferences.