Monday, April 11, 2022

Words. Words. Words. What Is a Word You Can Poeticall Define and Make Recognizable to Younger Readers so They Expand Their Vocabulary? Apricate

I don't think I've ever seen the word apricate in my reading or heard it spoken, but when I came across it yesterday in the #VerseLove challenge, I said this is the word I want to explore and play with, and so I did.  I don't know about you, but I'm in need of sunshine, warmth, friendship, and vitamin D.

I know apricots. Love them. I also know how much I've always enjoyed a good snake warming itself on a summer rock. I've also been a fan of butterflies lyming on pebbles whenever I've kayaked or canoed. We need the sun, and we benefit from it's warmth when we can get it.

It's a Monday, where cold temperatures match the blue skies of April, and when I step outside I'm like, "Oooh, I thought it would be a little warmer out than it actually is."  So, apricate, was my word and I admit I've never heard of it until the prompt came my way. So, I made a note to myself. It makes total sense.

                    Note to Self 

(academic advice for April)

~b.r.crandall


Adjust the silly-bus. Prioritize. Meditate.

Reevaluate meaning for your life. (You tend to underestimate).

Perpetuate what you preach (what you want to validate). 

Inhale, Crandall. Breathe. Don’t stay inside to hyperventilate.

(Nothing should ever be due). (Leave the house). 

Navigate, luminate, & appreciate.

Be peach, nectarine, plum, apricot,

snake, turtle, lizard, and butterfly.

Find the star, light, sun, flare, and shine.

Puddle-up, bathe, lounge and lyme,

Adjust your schedule. Be you. Go marinate.

Bask in the the rays. Be toast. Let the rays saturate. 

Captivate purpose, Frog: Apricate. Apricate. Apricate.