Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Not a Bad Challenge...at Least Not as Challenging as the Next 24 Hours. I Now Understand the Warner-Bros Cartoon Toothpick Eyelids Thing

Yesterday, I awoke to a 4x4 poem with simple instructions...4, 4-line stanzas, 4 syllables per line, with the first line flowing to the 2nd line, flowing to 3rd line, flowing to 4th as the stanzas cascade down. Cool. Knowing that I'm out in schools Tuesday/Wednesday, and also teach courses, I was thankful to a poetic task that was brief, crisp, and easy to tackle. 

Last night, I did an activity on Tik-Tok with my graduate students and it was a 50/50 exercise. 50% were like this is beyond dumb, why do people gravitate to this site and 50% were like, "This is awesome. I love wasting my time away on mindless stupidity." 

Older students didn't get it, and I said, "Well, our generation currently pays for 1,000s of channels on a television that is mindless, too.I don' think tv-watching via cable is relevant either. 

I seriously have not been able to see which way I'm coming or which way I'm going, but I'm thankful to have space after classes and meetings today, to at least be able to breathe.

                        Academy

   ~brcrandall


Evidently,

I inhabit

bureaucracy

reluctantly,


as carnivals

evidently

administrate

effortlessly.


Hi, Sysiphus.

The bolder. The hill 

evidently

(repeatedly)


inhibits me

excessively.

Gordian knot?

Evidently.