Saturday, April 23, 2022

#VerseLove, Prompt 21, Try to Write Cheesy, But If Not, Go with a Food Worthy of a Poem. Well, Okay, Then

I knew when I saw a prompt to tap good food, there's nowhere else I could go than Alice's Kentucky Cake (although someone said, you love your horseradish cheese, Crandall). On Day 21 of #VerseLove, I couldn't help but aim for the graduate school ritual of the chocolate chip ganache cake that has become an end-of-the-semester habit for workshop nights and writing.

I simply had to tap a rhythm for beating the cake and remember to get all the parts just right - enough so bakers could know enough about what they need to play with.

Ha! It's Saturday. I am looking forward to a couple of days of reading, editing, processing, and creating. The lawn is mowed, I'll clean the house, the laundry will get done, and I have the 21st poem of the month.

Here's to good eating, should it come your way. Bon Appetite! And if you can get some goodies into your stomach, that's a bonus, too.

Recipe

    ~b.r.crandall


Betty Crocker

mother clucker

yellow cake

cocoa kisser


oven heat

at 350

warm it up

bake the odyssey


get a bowl

stir-in pudding

vanilla joy

the appetizing


oil, milk

the butter, too.

grind the chocolate

impromptu


dusted chips

pour them in

mix and mix 

for the win


bundt pan bliss

ready to go

50-minute 

aficionado.


on the stove

a bag of chips

heavy cream

ganache whip


cake is done

let it cool

ah, the recipe

drool, drool, drool.