Saturday, April 16, 2022

Um, Seriously. @Pillsbury Make my Life Grand! #VerseLove Day 15 - The One To Name Our Favorite Day of the Week. Well That Would be Cinnamon Roll Day

Friday's prompt was to take a favorite day of the week and contemplate on it with an acrostic (did someone say acrostic?), where I naturally went with the blur. Not sure one day differs much from others, but I did wake up wishing there was a holiday where people delivered cinnamon rolls. I mean, why can't that be what Good Friday is all about?  And all joy for yesterday's weather. I loved that the sky was blue, the temperatures remained in the 60s, and a nice breeze came through all my windows, especially as I finally got around to painting the inside of the bay window (oil-based stains have a toxic smell, indeed. It does fee nice, though, to have a couple of moments to work on the house, even if I wasn't delivered a cinnamon roll.


Um, Seriously. Pillsbury. Make my Life Grand! 

~b.r.crandall


T hey weren’t on the front steps…the promised 

h ot, cinnamon-swirled rolls with cream cheese frosting,

e ven though I was good this year and even better

y esterday…Shit, I was phenomenal yesterday, but not even a bagel.


A nd the song sparrows were quick to let me know the sun would

l ove the world extra-hard today, chirping The Barber of Seville with

l aughter at 5:30 a.m. - Figaro Up, Figaro Down, Alas what a frenzy.


B ut not one baked good outside my door! You’d think I’d

l earn by now never to trust the leprechauns or elves. Only the

u nicorns are faithful and honest with delivered covenant of electrolytes,

r amen, chicken broth, and Micalizzis Italian lemon ice.


T he hernia, Mr. Hendrick, joined Henry in repair before I tripped 

o ver a dimple in the grass (what an ass) and snapped my ankle. 

G reat. This was before stabbing my eye with the stem of my glasses…

e lectrical work in the dark blinding me from Covid to come… 

t he flu…then the colonscopy…oh, Lord the loo, and (of course)

h ow I flew out of the bathtub, too, for six staples in my head.

e h…little sparrows, you’re right. I could always be dead, but I 

r eally want a Cinnabon. It is Good Friday, after all.